You have no items in your shopping cart.
1000Ft Cat5e 350 MHz Solid Shielded Network Bulk Cable Blue, CMR Rated
Cat5e cable is used for computer networking (10/100/1000BASE-T ), data, voice, or security system installation. Wiring your home, home office, office or even an entire factory, we has the variety of choice for you. Bulk solid cable is available in CMR (Riser) and CMP (Plenum) rated jackets. Our bulk cable is also available in various colors so you can easily identify and color-code you wiring.
Typically shilded Ethernet cables are used in industrial setting where cables have to run through locations with high mounts of EMI (ElectroMagnetic Interference), such as a factory with large electronic equipment.
UTP cables are less expensive than STP and the most commonly used cables for Ethernet connections for office or residential wiring.
* 24AWG pure copper 4 Pair FTP (Foil Shielded Twisted Pair) Network Ethernet cable
* Solid Shielded Wire
* 350MHz rated
* CMR rated
* Pull box
Solid and stranded:
Solid wire consists of one piece of metal wire. Stranded wire is composed of a bundle of thinner wires.
Pros of solid wire:
* Less Expensive than stranded wire
*More compact diameter for the same current carrying capability as stranded
* Less likely to fail due to corrosion
Cons of solid wire
* Typically only available in small gauges
* Continuous flexing or vibration will cause the wire to fatigue and break
(Commonly used for in-wall wiring where flexibility is not required)
Pros of stranded wire:
* Very flexible and withstands a greater amount of flexing and vibration
* Easier to rout
Cons of stranded wire:
* Diameter is larger for the same carrying capability as solid
* More costly than solid wire
* More likely to fail due to corrosion from capillary action & a high surface area
CMR: The 'R' in CRM is for 'Riser'. Riser type cables are engineered to prevent the spread of fire from floor to floor and are suitable for vertical shaft applications.
CMP: The 'P' in CMP is for Plenum. Cables meeting type CMP requirements are suitable for installation in ducts and plenums without the use of conduit. These cables are designed for fire resistance and low-smoke and toxin producing characteristics.
CM/CMH/CMG: CM is used for general building wiring such as residential house. CM cables are used in areas where CMP or CMR is not required.