You have no items in your shopping cart.
Warning: Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals (including but not limited to Styrene, BPA, DIISONONYL PHTHALATE, DINP, etc), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. For more information about California Proposition 65, visit California's Government information page at www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Cat5E cable is used for computer networking (10/100/1000BASE-T), data, voice, or security system installations. Wiring your office, home, home office, or...
Cat5E cable is used for computer networking (10/100/1000BASE-T), data, voice, or security system installations. Wiring your office, home, home office, or even an entire factory, Eagle Electronics, LLC. has an extensive variety of cable choices for you. Solid bulk cables are available in CMR (Riser) and CMP (Plenum) rated jackets. Our bulk cable is also available in various color options so you can easily identify and color-code you wiring.
* 24AWG Pure Copper 4 Pair UTP (Unshielded Twisted Pair) Ethernet Cable
* Solid Wire
* 350MHz Rated
* CMR Rated
* ETL Listed
* Pull Box
Solid vs Stranded:
- Solid wire consists of one piece of metal wire.
- Stranded wire is composed of a bundle of thinner wires.
Pros of Solid Wire:
- Less expensive than stranded wire.
- Features a more compact diameter with the same current-carrying capability as stranded wire.
- Less likely to fail due to corrosion
Cons of Solid Wire:
- Typically only available in small gauges.
- Continuous flexing or vibration will cause the wire to fatigue and break.
- Commonly used for in-wall wiring where flexibility is not required.
Pros of Stranded Wire:
- Very flexible and can withstand a greater amount of flexing and vibration.
- Easier to route.
Cons of Stranded Wire:
- Diameter is larger with the same current
- carrying capability as solid wire.
- More costly than solid wire.
- More likely to fail due to corrosion from capillary action and a high surface area.
CMR: The 'R' in CMR is for 'Riser'.
- CMR type cables are engineered to prevent the spread of fire from floor to floor and are suitable for vertical shaft applications.
CMP: The 'P' in CMP is for Plenum.
- CMP cables are suitable for installation in ducts and plenums without the use of conduit. These cables are designed for fire resistance and will generate low smoke and toxin producing characteristics in the event of a fire.
CM/CMH/CMG: CM is used for general building wiring such as residential house.
- CM cables are used in areas where CMP or CMR is not required.
PROPOSITION 65 WARNING FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
These products may contain chemicals (including but not limited to Styrene, BPA, DINP, etc) known only to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. For more information about pro 65, please CLICK HERE.